Anyone else a hummus lover?
This recipe is quick and easy to make using minimal ingredients.
It's a great addition to many snacks and meals and has no rubbish in it like most store bought ones.
* 2 cans of chickpeas + water from one tin
- try to look for ones with only chickpeas, salt and water
* 3 TBS tahini
* 2 TSP ground cumin
* 1 TSP garlic powder
- you can add fresh garlic if you prefer
* juice of one lemon (maybe 2 if they're tiny)
* salt + black pepper to taste
* Drizzle of olive oil
- can also be left out if you prefer oil free
* Add all ingredients to a high powered blender or food processor for a few minutes till smooth. I like to taste it once it reaches the right consistency and then usually either add some more salt or lemon juice - but sometimes it's perfect right away.
* I usually use my Magimix but I have also used my Greenis blender. I have also used a stick blender before and it worked OK. It may just take a little longer and not be as smooth - but the taste will be the same.
* Store it in an airtight container or jar and keep it in the fridge. I like to split the portion into two. It lasts a few days in the fridge.
* Use this as a starting point - you may like more garlic or more cumin - play around with the flavours and see what works for you
* You could even add some Peppadews or roasted peppers
* Adding some roasted beetroot is also super yummy
* I like to use it on a sandwich instead of butter and add some fresh goodies on top (see photo)
* Amazing dip for veggies or chips
* Can also dilute a bit and use as a salad dressing
Have fun making this and let me know if you try it!